Software and services
Raccourcis catalogue [EN]
Consulting service dedicated to crosswind risk analysis
We assess the crosswind risk on railway lines (high-speed line, conventional line, or elevated train) and define tailor-made wind protection solutions accordingly.
We characterize extreme winds along the track with a 50-meter resolution at train height using our CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulation software. The crosswind risk computation includes a statistical analysis of extreme events, the aerodynamic characteristics of the rolling stock, the local geometric data of the infrastructure (embankment height, cant, curve radii, etc.) and the risk criteria specific to the network operation.
The protective measures ensure the traffic safety and respond to the risks and operational constraints of each project (windbreak, DVL system (Lateral Wind Detector), weather forecasting tools for interrupting traffic).
Various measures are proposed according to the level of risks encountered.
- Windshield: positioning, dimensions, qualification of protections’ efficiency.
- DVL system: assistance in the choice of sensors, positioning, and parameterization of weather stations to define slowdown instructions, estimation of slowdown frequencies and impact on traffic.
- Weather forecasting: support for forecasting strong wind conditions requiring a traffic stop.
Risks assessment along a track
- Analysis of extreme wind along the track.
- Identification of risk areas for railway rolling stock.
Tailor-made protection solutions
Risk assessment along the track and adaptation of the most effective protection solutions in agreement with the customer.
Solid expertise in crosswind risk
Proven analysis tools, expertise in European standards (Technical Specification for Interoperability relating to crosswind and EN 14067-6:2018) and high-quality technical support.
Assistance in the solutions implementation
We interfere in the pre-project phase, and we provide you with long-term project support. We remain available to update protective solutions as well as weather stations configuration.
- HSL Mediterranean, France, 300 km
- HSL East European, France, 400 km
GEONICA / INDRA
- HSL Madrid - Valladolid, Spain, 180 km
- HSL Valladolid - Leon - Burgos, Spain, 230 km
HSL Medina - Mecca, Saudi Arabia, 450 km
HSL Rhine-Rhone, France, 190 km
HSL SEA, France, 300 km
HSL PBL, France, 180 km
ADIF / SENER
HSL Madrid - Lleida, Spain, 440 km
HSL Tangier - Kenitra, Morocco, 200 km
REM (Metropolitan Express Network) Montreal, Canada, 67 km
JACOBS / TRAFIKVERKET
Ostlänken (East Link project), Sweden, 120 km