Software and services
The software for the computation of solar radiation in urban areas
Solar radiation analysis adapted to the urban microclimate
The sun is a source of energy from which we must make the most of, while knowing how to protect ourselves from it.
It is an indispensable part of the energy transition, both thanks to the electric energy produced through photovoltaic solar panels and through its ability to reduce the heating requirements of buildings. Outdoors, it is essential to correctly dose the exposure to solar radiation to maximize the pedestrian comfort in each season.
UrbaSun assists in treating these issues for architects, urban planners, consulting firms and landscapers. It computes the irradiation in 3D, onto all surfaces.
Our solar software computes:
- The pedestrian sun comfort: its study is progressively being requested by project owners in many countries. Its consideration is essential for the appropriate design of an outdoor public space and the comfort of users. UrbaSun computes the sunshine frequency.
- The solar gains: they are essential to climatic construction and should be considered when designing a passive building. They ensure the desired indoor temperature while reducing the use of heating. Additionally, it helps to select the optimal placement of photovoltaic solar panels. UrbaSun estimates the solar irradiance onto all the building surfaces.
Our urban solar radiation simulation software offers the following features:
- Mapping of average or instantaneous solar irradiance,
- Mapping of sunshine frequencies,
- Computation of incident solar energy on any type of surface (ground, facade, roof, photovoltaic panels),
- Sun path display.
Computation onto any surface
UrbaSun computes the solar irradiance onto any surface, be it grounds, facades, roofs or photovoltaic panels.
It then displays the temporal evolution of the results.
Optimized computation time and 3D visualization
The computations can be performed quickly thanks to optimized building modeling.
The 3D results can be displayed for a better comprehension of phenomena and to make optimal choices.
Easily import solar irradiance climatological data from the Energy+ database (EPW) or in TXT format. Load the CAD topographical data.
It is also possible to import digital 3D models in the STL universal format.
Export statistical results or time series results in CSV format. The export can be for sunshine frequency, for mean power per element or for mean power per point.
Prerequisites & services
Minimum system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10
- RAM: 8 GB / 16 GB recommended
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Multiprocessors: mini dual core / 64-bit recommended
- Graphics card: 256 MB / 512 MB recommended
Extended project support
Benefit from our scientific expertise to perform an in-depth analysis of your projects.
Our team of experts is at your disposal.