Accurately estimate the wind resource and design the most profitable wind farms.
- Whether on simple or complex terrain including forests, mountains, lakes, etc., Meteodyn WT accurately assesses the wind characteristics and the wind resource. This software is dedicated to the wind power industry and integrates the indispensable IEC standards.
The software uses computational fluid dynamics (CFD) to model the wind. It is suitable for both beginners and experts of numerical models. It integrates auto convergence algorithms for a fast and accurate solution. Additionally, the forest and wake models are encompassed within the software. Feel free to ask for more information by filling out our contact form.
Import meteorological data or mesoscale data
- Import measured wind and temperature data from a measurement tower. The software will automatically determine the thermal stability class from temperature measurements.
- Import measured LIDAR data and use the LIDAR data correction option to adjust the data to the corresponding terrain.
- Import mesoscale data to contemplate the atmospheric thermal effects directly from the imported data or to create large sites.
An accurate and full assessment of
- Wind speed and direction
- Wind inflow angle
- Ambient turbulence intensity
- Vertical wind profile
- Energy density
- Wind shear
Achieve the most profitable wind farms
- Wind farm production and losses assessment
- Automatic correction of turbine power curves considering air density
- Use multiple met masts for a single calculation
- Computation of production uncertainties
- Outputs are fully consistent with the IEC 61400
- Full integration of mesoscale data into microscale computations
- Automatic split-up of large sites into smaller sections
- The atmospheric thermal stability is contemplated in the calculations.
- The computation of Annual Energy Production (AEP) is based on the Rotor Equivalent Wind Speed (REWS).
- Uses Meteodyn’s EXCLUSIVE solver.
- Wind modelling in any type of terrain, including the most complex (mountains and forests).
- Only solver dedicated to the atmospheric boundary layer.
- Calculation over very large domains.
- Speed of calculations unrivaled thanks to the MIGAL solver.
- Easy project management thanks to our simple graphical interface.
- Worldwide high-quality support: technical and scientific support team to assist you in your projects.
- Continuous research and development program to meet the users’ needs.
- Meteodyn WT exports to the following wind energy software formats: .wrg, .rsf, .wrb, .fmv and Flowres.
- Short and very short-term production forecast thanks to the coupling of Meteodyn WT and Meteodyn Forecast.
Multicore: 2, 4, 8 or 63 cores
Run 2, 4, or 8 simultaneous computations thanks to the multicore option or use your whole computing power with the 63-core option. The software checks the available memory and optimizes the computing process. → Reduces the calculation time
Lidar data post conversion
Lidars measure the radial component of the speed. A conversion is necessary in complex terrain to consider the vertical component of the wind speed.
Automatically split larger sites into sub-domains and integrate meso-scale data easily. → Obtain a wind mapping over large areas (states, regions or countries)
Project support services
Benefit from our scientific experts. → Have a deeper analysis of your projects.
This upgrade optimizes your computation capabilities and the use of your server. This way, you can run a very large number of simultaneous computations, without geographical constrains (offices in several countries). → Centralize all your computations → Optimize the use of your server
Determine in very short term (0-4h) or short term (up to 7 days) the wind farm production considering meso-scale forecast data and SCADA data. This option requires the Meteodyn Forecast software. → Comply with grid operators → Improve your maintenance plan
Feel free to ask for more information and prices by filling out our contact form. Meteodyn WT is compatible with all the standard software and geographical data formats used in the wind energy industry.
Minimum system requirements:
OS: Windows 8 or 10, Windows Server 2012 or 2012 R2 or 2016 RAM: 16 GB Processor: 2 GHz Multiprocessor: Dual core / 64-bit computing recommended Graphical card: 512 MB